April Meetup Wrap up!Posted by edtechaustin / May 3rd, 2014 / No responses
What a great night Wednesday evening turned out to be, despite the fact that we ran out of chairs! Sorry to those of you who had to stand at the back, but thanks for sticking it out! It’s so refreshing to see so many Austin edtech folks join us to talk education and technology, and at this particular meetup, ways to get involved in the Austin community. It was great to hear from the Manor Aerospace Engineering students as they shared their experience in learning how to launch rockets.
Volunteerspot and Culturebooster shared their awesome platforms for organizing and funding community efforts. Volunteerspot had some awesome advice for growing an edtech company from the ground up organically: have a great product that people love and want to share with others!
A huge thank you to Capital Factory for providing us the space, and also to Wonderlab for sponsoring the meetup to provide food and drinks! As always, thanks to Pearson for their continued sponsorship and support of our meetup and to Texans For Economic Progress for always tweeting and sharing our events!
Here’s a run down of the lightning round, as promised:
- Michael Barnes – Austin Achieve: Looking to hire for several positions. Check out www.austinachieve.org/careers for more
- Muhammad Meigooni – MakerSquare/Hatch: Sharing two events for kids to get involved with to learn how to code! Check out www.hatchafterschool.com for more.
- Zulian Tjuatja – Real Good Apsp: Looking to find a great developer/co-founder to round out the team, and also potential consulting clients in edtech who need extra business help. Check out Realgoodapps.info for more, or email email@example.com.
- Andrew Stevens – Vyopta Inc.: Looking for talent, solutions engineers! Check out www.vyopta.com for more information.
- Clarissa Simmons – Sapling Learning: Check out www.Saplinglearning.com for posted positions, as they are looking for an experienced program manager and various other positions.
- Carl Settles – E4 Youth: Check out www.e4youth.org to find out about their summer Creative Job Shadow Program!
- JC Sanders – ESC Region 13 – Looking for an app developer to help build a math fact app for students! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Degraff – UTEACH! Opportunities to connect the maker movement and formal education. Email him at email@example.com
For more job postings, check out our jobs board here: http://www.edtechaustin.com/ed-jobs/
That about wraps it up, folks! We’ll see you real soon at the next meetup! RSVP here for our May event!
PS – If I left something out or you’d like to see some changes to our website, meetups or otherwise, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!