So much time, so little to discussPosted by edtechaustin / March 26th, 2014 / No responses
Scratch that, reverse it. The first part of 2014 has been exciting for the members of the EdTech Austin team and has involved purchasing houses, moving, taking on new roles in new organizations, conferences, more conferences and lots of other fun stuff!
We’ve been remiss in updating the blog in as timely a fashion as possible, so in the interest of keeping this post digestible, I’ll try to keep my remarks concise, clear, and in sections, so you can skip to the stuff you care most about.
First of all, thank you so much to #BingforSchools for sponsoring the “Unconference” meetup event for March, and to Matt Wallaert (@mattwallaert) for helping make it happen. Thank you also to everyone who joined us, and of course thanks to Capital Factory for hosting us.
SXSWEdu – Thanks to Scott Lipton and Greg Garner for putting on a successful Core Conversation at this year’s event. You guys rocked it!
Also, thanks to all who attended our panel and made it a total blast (literally — we popped so many balloons…)
Thanks also to Joe Van and Teachergraph for helping one member of our team track down a badge! I’ll give you one guess who it was…
Last, thanks to the folks at Eduphoria for this awesome cup!
It’s the perfect vessel for conveying iced coffee on a hot day (which have been way too few this winter/spring…)
New features on our website:
We’re excited to share some new features and sections of our website with you!
- EdTech Action: Want to get involved in all the cool stuff happening in edtech here in Austin? Check out our “EdTech Action” page. Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any events or organizations you’d like to see added.
- EdJobs Austin: We happen to think our community is super cool and we hope you do too. Why not hire from within? If you’re looking for a job in education in Austin, we want to help you find it. Check out EdJobs Austin for opportunities in and around the Central Texas region!
- #WarriorCode – March 31-April 4: Westwood High School is holding their first annual Coding Fest and they would love for you to join them!
- April EdTech Austin Meetup – April 30: We’ll round out the month of April with our much anticipated April meetup, focusing on ways in which you or your organization can get involved in Austin area schools. Volunteerspot will lead the charge in discussing their awesome organization, and we’ll also share some of the best of what our community has to offer. As always, we’ll provide free food and adult beverages, courtesy of our sponsors. RSVP Today!
- Austin Center For Design – AC4D is currently accepting applications for their class of 2014-2015!